Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Exasperating, Humiliating Lessons About Failure.

I'm still thinking about it at 4:31 in the morning. Is this what we have come to in our relationship? Seriously, me and this failure need counseling.

Today, I failed a test. Let me say that again; today, I failed a test. Whatever happened to "failure is not an option" ? Honestly, I've never said that and meant in my life.
So do I think failure is an option? Do I believe that I am a failure? Seriously.

My professor walked me to his office and kindly gave me names of some nice ladies who would be more than willing to help me with the class. What an absolute relief. Help is on the way.

I am mortified; my pride has been stripped like a Brazilian wax. I need help and all I can think is... I need help?

Ah, so my pride has not been completely shredded. I want to pass. I need to pass. I have to pass. I cannot accept failure. I cannot.


I am worth way more than I am telling myself.

Let's throw in some Remember the Titans, shall we?
I will not be intimidated. That's just the way it is. 
Everything is so much clearer at 5am; my thoughts are straight and my goal is clear.  I am a sucker for movie quotes, and the only one that keeps running through my head is from Elizabethtown. Now I could write a whole book on that movie. But I'll spare all of you thousands of readers I have out there.

So you failed. Alright you really failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You think I care about that? I do understand. You wanna be really great? Then have the courage to fail big and stick around. Make them wonder why you're still smiling. 
I have seen the movie countless times and I finally have discovered the point. We can survive these obstacles. We can endure this pain. Hebrews 10:39 states it so plainly and richly for us.

But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls. 
I have not been created for failure, but I will still fail. What I do with that failure, determines whether or not I can be defined as a failure.

In my book, failure is welcomed with open arms... that way I can push through it.


Good night to a learning day; Hello to an action day.

No comments:

Post a Comment