I remember pretty vividly the first time I read the Twilight Series. I was so into them, I barely noticed anything going on around me. I listened to Jack Johnson while reading the books, sometimes when I hear his genius music today, it reminds of different parts of the books. Isn't that so crazy?
Anyway, when I finished the books, took a breather and thought through everything I just read... I actually believed that, that was the biggest waste of my time. I mean, Bella and Edward are infatuated with each other, it is disgusting and stupid.
From there I had wonder; why was I so enthralled by such a dumb story.
Let's take that from something as infantile as Twilight and bring it to our lifestyles and life choices.
I was thinking of people I know who believe in Jesus Christ and yet live in ways that are plainly stated in the Bible as sin. Do they know they are sinning? Or are they so caught up in their sin that they don't believe that it is a sin?
What is even scarier, is that I know they are sinning, but what in my life is blinding me? Like, what is the sin that I justify and refuse to lose a grip on?
My point with the Twilight story, since you may be confused, is that we sometimes don't realize how stupid or wrong our life styles or choices are until we step away and take a look from the outside.
I have been challenged to think about the thoughts that I am thinking and the choices I am making, wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment